Followers

Pancakes & Peaches

Friday, July 11, 2008

So, I had to juggle my dinner schedule for the week. Wednesday night I was mixing enchilada filling for Thursday. Instead of putting the filling in the fridge, I dumped it on the floor next to the fridge. Well, now I have nothing for Friday.


I decided on something quick and easy: Pancakes. I diced some peaches tossed them in a pan with some sugar, cashews and marsala and cooked it down to syrupy goodness. So, here it is:



Peaches, Cashew & Marsala Compote:
4 peaches, peeled and diced
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 + 1 tbs marsala wine (I use dry, sweet would be fine)

Add peaches and sugar to a sauce pan, stirring to combine. Let sit one or two minutes until a syrup forms. Add marsala and cashews. Bring to a boil and simmer, until the wine has cooked off. The peaches should still keep their shape. Before serving, splash with 1 tbs of marsala wine and stir.

Vanilla Apple Pancakes
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbs baking powder
1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk (soy is ok)
1/2 cup apple sauce.

These pancakes are loosely based on these. Blend the dry ingredents. Pour the milk and apple sauce into the dry and stir, just enough to combine. I like to let them sit a few minutes before I use them. Spray a hot griddle with cooking spray and dolob two heaping tablespoons of batter on for each pancake. When the edges are dry and the middle is pocked with air bubbles, flip and cook until brown. Serve hot.

Compote: 3 servings, 239 cal (6g fat, 39g carbs, 4g protein)
Pancakes: 4 servings, 289 cal (3g fat, 59g carbs, 9g protein)

, , |

SHARE THIS POST:








edit post

0 comments

Label Cloud

   

Popular Posts