Followers

Garlic Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

These poppers were inspired by an Iron Chef Challenge for Garlic. I go though a couple bulbs of garlic each week, but rarely is it a dominant flavor. It's really brought to the forefront with this treat. Chop the garlic in chunks so your treated with bursts of garlic flavor as you bite through. If you remove all the seeds, the poppers are relatively mild. Mix the seeds back in with the cheddar sauce and garlic for added heat.

Jalapeno Poppers

Garlic Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
15 good sized jalapeno peppers, with stems, if possible.
1 recipe Chedda Cheeze Sauce
10 cloves garlic,very roughly chopped
1 cup soy milk
1 cup flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs

Prepare jalapeno peppers. Cut a slit down the length of each pepper. With a paring knife, cut the seed pod at the top, beneath the stem, inside the pepper. Scoop out the seeds. Reserve some or all of the seeds for a hotter popper. Mix the garlic and seeds with the cheeze sauce. Spoon into the peppers. It's easier to be messy, then wipe each pepper with a paper towel than to be tidy. Place on a wire rack.

Bread poppers. Working individually, dip each popper into soy milk, then toss in flour. Set back on the wire rack. Allow the poppers to set for 10 minutes, or so. The flour will have hardened somewhat. Dip each popper back into the soy milk, then into the bread crumbs and set back on the wire rack. Again, allow to set for 10 minutes.

Deep fry poppers. Heat the oil until a bit of cracker immediately sizzles when dropped in. This is medium high on my stove. Working in 3-4 batches, gently drop the poppers into the oil. Stemmed peppers make this step much easier. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until the breading is golden brown. Set on a wire rack and allow to cool. These are especially good dipped in ranch dressing.

Makes 15 poppers. I chose not analyze the nutrition because it depends greatly upon how much cheeze & bread crumbs are used and how much oil is absorbed. Also, I don't want to know.

, |

SHARE THIS POST:








edit post

13 comments

  1. These look amazing. I've never had poppers before but these sound so so good.

     
  2. kmouse Says:
  3. Yum! I have to make those poppers one day!

     
  4. Your last two sentences are my favorite of the whole poat! LOVE LOVE IT!!!

     
  5. I'm eating leftovers cold, right out of the fridge with tzaziki spooned on. Somehow, the breading is still crisp.

     
  6. Lindsay I-F Says:
  7. yum sounds great

     
  8. those poppers look so damn good! i just found your blog today, it's great!

     
  9. Jenn Says:
  10. Those look awesome! I freakin' LOVE jalapeno poppers.

     
  11. chow vegan Says:
  12. Looks incredible and so crispy and delicious! Beautiful photo!

     
  13. Shaheen Says:
  14. I've come over via Ks mumbo jumbo to check out these jalapeno poppers, they look really moreish.
    I am not a vegan, but a vegetarian, but a lot of the recipes you have here are appealing to me. Thanks for sharing.

     
  15. Foodeater Says:
  16. I need these in my mouth right now!!!

     
  17. I am DEFINITELY going to make these....maybe tonight....they look AMAZING!

     
  18. Laviyah Says:
  19. There is a God.

     
  20. x Says:
  21. When I get my hands on some fresh jalapeƱo, I am definitely making these!

     

Label Cloud

   

Popular Posts