Followers

Thanksgiving Dinner: Cranberry Sauce

Friday, November 28, 2008

I hate canned cranberry sauce. It jiggles unnaturally, tastes tinny and it's got to have something awful in it, like gelatin or, maybe cement. The stuff is so nasty that it turned me off on all cranberry sauce. This year, I decided to give cranberry sauce another shot. And I'm glad I did. This sauce is a little sweet, plenty tart and, when chilled, it firms up just enough, perfect for a faux-turkey sandwich.

Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry Sauce
12 oz cranberries, picked over
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup Marsala Wine
1 tsp orange zest (about 1 orange)
1 cup sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
5 whole cloves

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the cranberries have burst, about 20 minutes. Fish out the cinnamon sticks and whole cloves (if you can find them). Serve warm or chill for later. Makes about 3 cups.

I couldn't find the cloves at all. I don't know if they broke apart, dissolved, or if someone ate a clove without noticing. Can you do that??

6 Servings: 167 cal (0g fat, 39g carbs, 0g protein)

, , |

SHARE THIS POST:








edit post

0 comments

Label Cloud

   

Popular Posts