Followers

Spinach Enchiladas

Monday, February 9, 2009

I've been wanting to make these for a while but, for one reason or another, never got around to it. My middle girl loves enchiladas, but I thought these may be a bit spicy for her. I was wrong. She wolfed three enchiladas and had leftovers for lunch.

spinach_enchiladas

Spinach & Black Bean Enchiladas
10 flour tortillas
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
8 oz spinach, chopped
1 can black beans
4 oz can olives
2 cups cooked brown rice
3 cups enchilada sauce (see below)

Saute the onion in vegetable oil. Add the spinach and saute until the spinach is thoroughly cooked. Add the black beans, olives, cooked rice and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce. Add a few more spoonfuls of sauce into a 9x13 casserole, just enough to cover.

For each tortilla, add 3-4 heaping tablespoons of filling. Wrap each tortilla and place tightly into the casserole. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes, until bubbling.

Note: The sauce for this recipe is very thick. If you like your enchiladas more saucy, add another cup of water to the sauce.

5 Servings: 569 cal (23g fat, 78g carbs, 16g protein)

, , , , |

SHARE THIS POST:








edit post

5 comments

  1. Tami Says:
  2. I almost asked if you were going to post enchiladas after seeing your incredible sounding sauce recipe first. Thank you! I'm definitely going to be making these.

     
  3. Can you hear that noise?
    It's the sound of my tummy grumbling!!!
    Damn that looks fine.

     
  4. These are VERY good, have a good amount of spiciness! They really don't need to cook for 45 minutes though, I put mine in for 15 minutes with foil, took it out and removed the foil, cooked it for another 15 minutes or so. Thanks for sharing!

     
  5. Thanks for the cook time note. I usually make enchiladas the night before and put them in the fridge, so I kind of had to guess on the cook time.

     
  6. Anonymous Says:
  7. Oh these are so good. I have been trying to eat better and looking for vegetarian recipes (I added cheese) this we be added to our weekly rotation. Thanks

     

Label Cloud

   

Popular Posts