Followers

Ginger Tofu Stir Fry

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

This is one of my favorite stir fry sauces. It is very gingery, so if you're not a big fan, cut back on the ginger. I've cut the ginger back to 1 tbs and it is still very good, just not as potent.

This is also a great sauce for Fried Ginger Tofu

Ginger Tofu Stir Fry

Ginger Tofu Stir Fry
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 lb tofu, drained and sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 lb bok choy, leaves & stalk separated
2 carrots, sliced on the bias
1 lb broccoli florets
1 lb asparagus spears
Sauce:
2 tbs cornstarch
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sherry
1 tbs sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs ginger, grated

Combine the sauce ingredients and whisk together.

Heat the oils in a large saute pan over medium high. When the oil is hot enough to spatter, add the tofu. Let it fry for a couple minutes, until it begins to brown. Gently turn or toss and cook until the tofu is evenly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.

If necessary, add a little more oil to the pan. Add the carrots, bok choy stalks and onion slices. Stir fry until the carrots begin to soften. Add the broccoli and asparagus. Continue to stir fry until the broccoli and asparagus begin to soften, but are not cooked through yet. Add in the tofu and roughly chopped bok choy greens. Pour in the sauce and simmer until the sauce thickens and the greens wilt.

Serve over rice or noodles.

4 Servings: 341 cal (13g fat, 37g carbs, 17g protein)

, , , , |

SHARE THIS POST:








edit post

4 comments

  1. WOAH!
    That's getting made in this house SOON!
    I LOVE Ginger and that just looks so good.
    AND I have Sherry! WooHoo!

     
  2. Jamie Walker Says:
  3. I love ginger but my boyfriend is borderline obsessed. He'll eat a whole container of dried ginger in one sitting and still want more. This will be a good stir-fry to try out for him. Thx for posting! :)

     
  4. Lesley Says:
  5. I'm making this for dinner tonight. I just tasted the sauce, it's amazing! I used mirin instead of sherry because I don't have any... but it's still amazing!

     
  6. Katie Says:
  7. I've been looking to the internet to find some more variants on a tofu stir fry. I am sick of the same old soy sauce or teriyaki sauce based meal. This looks perfect! I must try it :)

     

Label Cloud

   

Popular Posts