Followers

Chipotle Ranch

Monday, August 9, 2010

This dressing is crazy good.  It's a creamy cashew dressing with a chipotle kick.  I love it on tacos or a taco salad (with mojo tofu) and it makes tater tots sing.  When I want a dip, I leave out a bit of the soy milk, but the dressing is nice and thick on its own.

I keep a few chili powders in hand at all times.  I keep the basic, everyone has it in their spice rack, chili powder for most purposes.  I love ancho chili powder when I want a more fruity flavor, sweet paprika, and chipotle for a smoky kick.  This dressing has some heat.  If you want to cut back on the heat, replace some of the chipotle with another chili powder.

Chipotle Ranch

Chipotle Ranch
2/3 cups cashews
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup vegenaise
1 lime, juiced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 clove garlic
2 tbs shallots, chopped
1/2 tbs chipotle chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt

Add all the ingredients and blend thoroughly.  The dressing will thicken after it refrigerates.  Makes about 2 cups.

16 servings:  64 cal (5g fat,3g carbs, 2g protein)

, |

SHARE THIS POST:








edit post

7 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. where do you buy the taco bowls?

     
  3. Carol Says:
  4. I really really wish I didn't have a tree nut intolerance because this sounds wicked. :(

     
  5. Jessica, I just buy them in the hispanic aisle at the grocery store. Most places around here have them.

     
  6. Jacklyn Says:
  7. I have a recipe for chipotle chili in my Viva Vegan cookbook..made it and it was okay ( mayo and chipotle only)...you're recipe sounds so much better! and it looks so good and creamy too! i will def be making some of this! thank you for sharing

     
  8. Mel Says:
  9. This recipe is awesome. I have made it a few times now and just commented about it in my blog. Thanks so much Matt, it's a keeper!!! :D

     
  10. Michaela Says:
  11. Matt, this looks amazing - how long does this keep in the fridge for? I don't think I'd use it more than once or twice a week but am kind of a lazy chef so would rather make the whole recipe at once.

     
  12. Anonymous Says:
  13. Okay, disclaimer...I am not a vegan, but I do eat vegan for a month each year. I find this gives me a slightly different perspective as to what tastes good to a non-vegan vs. what my vegan friends enjoy. That said, this salad dressing may very well keep me off real ranch forever.

     

Label Cloud

   

Popular Posts