Followers

Taco Seasoning

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I've been making my own taco seasoning ever since I discovered that my favorite blend used whey. Since I use it in several posted recipes (Beans & Bulgur, Confetti Pasta Salad, Taco Burger ... tomorrow's post), I thought I should just post it. This is a mild, not spicy blend, so feel free to add more cayenne if you'd like.

Taco Seasoning
2 tbs chili powder
1 tbs cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper

Combine all the spices. For the oregano, I pour the leaves into my palm and grind them into a powder with my thumb. Add the spices to a fry pan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly for a couple minutes, until fragrant. Allow to cool and store. 

Makes about 5 tbs.

, |

SHARE THIS POST:








edit post

0 comments

Label Cloud

   

Popular Posts