Followers

Easy Thai Veggie Curry

Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm back, I think. We're still tripping over boxes, but we're moved out of our old house. And I got a draft of my grant. Things should start slowing down a little now and I can get back into the kitchen. Tonight was the first time I've made anything more than burgers or chili dogs in two weeks. It was still quick and easy, but It was actually cooking. It felt good.

This curry is easy and quick. It is also not at all hot, unless you use a spicy curry paste (watch out for shrimp paste in it). I use Thai Kitchen. The lemongrass and Kafir Lime Leaves give it a nice authentic flavor, slightly sweet. If you can't get Kafir Lime Leaves, you can use a tsp or so of lime zest, but it won't be the same. You can also leave it out. Soy Sauce is an easy substitute for Golden Mountain Sauce. I didn't use cashews today, but next time, I definitely will.

Easy Thai Curry

Thai Veggie Curry
4 cups broccoli florets (or mixed with cauliflower)
1/2 lb small button mushrooms
1 red onion, sliced into half rings
1 can baby corn
1/2 cup cashews
2 kafir lime leaves
12 oz coconut milk
1/4 cup golden mountain sauce
Curry Paste:
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 small shallot, minced (about 1 tbs)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
2 stalks lemongrass, minced (white parts only)
1 1/2 tbs red curry paste

Combine the curry paste ingredients and stir together. Add to a saute pan, along with the cashews over medium heat. Stir fry for a minute or two until the garlic and ginger become fragrant. Add the coconut milk and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the broccoli is fully cooked. Serve over rice.

4 Servings: 361 cal (29g fat, 21g carbs, 12g protein)

Grant

And, in case you're interested, here's a pic of my grant. Its a small affordable housing grant in rural Oregon. It's only about a million dollars, but they really make you work for it. So, I've been moving in the evenings and writing this puppy in the wee hours of the morning. I shipped it off to reviewers yesterday and won't have to think about it for another week.

, , , |

SHARE THIS POST:








edit post

2 comments

  1. JK Says:
  2. Hi, your thai curry looks lovely. What is "golden mountain sauce"? does it taste sweet, salty or sour?
    Any idea what we can substitute with?
    Tks

     
  3. Golden Mountain Sauce is basically Thai Soy Sauce. I use it a lot in Thai cooking because I think it has a bit of a fish sauce flavor. Soy Sauce works perfectly fine as a substitute.

     

Label Cloud

   

Popular Posts