Followers

Vegan Tzatziki

Friday, September 10, 2010

I made a batch of tzatziki for last weeks zucchini fritters and I'll use the left overs this weekend for chickpea burgers.  I've also used it as a dressing for chickpea & chard salad or topped on biryani.  Typically, it is made with Greek yogurt, which is thicker than normal.  You can strain standard soy yogurt or, as I've done here, add a little cream cheese (Tofutti has a trans fat and a non-trans fat vegan cream cheese).

Vegan Tzatziki

Vegan Tzatziki
1 cup soy yogurt
2 tbs vegan cream cheese
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbs mint, minced
1 cucumber

combine all ingredients, except the cucumber. Either blend or vigorously whip in a bowl. For the cucumber, peel and quarter. Scoop out the seeds from each quarter, cut into long matchsticks and dice. Stir into the yogurt mixture and refrigerate for at least an hour. Makes about 2 cups.

16 servings: 29 cal (1g fat, 4g carbs, 1g protein)

, , , |

SHARE THIS POST:








edit post

3 comments

  1. amymylove Says:
  2. Looks amazing! Can't wait to try it

     
  3. I love cooking Greek food, and really wanted to find a vegan tzatziki recipe- thank you! This looks great and I can't wait to try it out!

     
  4. Yum! I admit, I'm not usually a fan of soy yogurt but this worked really well on my falafal.

    Thanks! Love your blog

    Alex
    www.delicious-knowledge.com

     

Label Cloud

   

Popular Posts